Solutions for Seaside Seasonal Allergy Symptoms
Get Relief from Seasonal Allergies in Melbourne, Florida
“I have been a patient of Dr. Beerelli’s for about three years now. She has made a huge difference in my allergies — no more sinus infections or itchy eyes. Super nice, too.”
– Michelle C, July 2018
About Seasonal Allergies
When is Allergy Season in Florida?
Spring Allergy Season
The Florida spring allergy season is extended by pollinating grass, which typically starts in April and ends in October, well into the fall season.
Fall Allergy Season
Seasonal Allergy Variation
- Mold levels can peak during specific weather patterns, sometimes imitating seasonal allergies. Mold grows quickly during rainy periods, and also during hot and humid periods.
- Pollen levels are usually highest in the morning, and are amplified by wind and warm weather.
- A rainy season can promote rapid plant growth and high pollen levels that persist further into the fall.
Seasonal Allergies in Melbourne, Florida
Are Allergies Bad in Melbourne, Florida?
Melbourne, Florida isn’t ranked in the Allergy Capitals report, but we can look at nearby Orlando to get a sense of how bad seasonal allergies are in Melbourne.
For spring allergies, Orlando was ranked as the 38th most challenging place to live in 2021. In 2020, Orlando was ranked 31st. In 2018, it ranked 60th. In 2016, Orlando ranked 87th.
For fall allergies, Orlando was ranked as the 38th most challenging place to live in 2021. In 2020, Orlando was ranked 32nd. In 2018, it ranked 63rd. In 2016, Orlando ranked 81st.
Overall, Orlando was ranked as the 38th most challenging place to live with allergies out of the US’s 100 most-populated metropolitan areas in 2021.
Orlando AAFA Annual Allergy Capital Ranking
The table below shows overall, spring, and fall allergy season rankings for Orlando over recent years.
|Year||Season||Rank Out of 100|
Seasonal Allergy Symptoms
- Frequent sneezing
- Runny nose
- Sinus pressure
- Scratchy throat
- Excess saliva
- Itchy, stinging, watery eyes
- Trouble Sleeping
- Asthma symptoms
Seasonal Allergy Diagnosis
Seasonal allergy diagnosis starts with a thorough medical history, and usually involves skin or blood tests to determine your specific allergic triggers.
Seasonal Allergy Treatment
Limit Your Exposure to Airborne Allergens
- Check your local pollen counts whenever you check the weather
- Limit outdoor activities during times of high pollen counts
- Wear sunglasses and a wide brimmed hat to reduce pollen exposure when outdoors
- Change clothes as soon as you get home if you’ve spent a lot of time outdoors
When you visit us at Melbourne Allergy & Asthma, Dr. Beerelli will have additional recommendations for you based on your unique case.
Allergy-Proof Your Home
- Keep windows closed during high pollen and mold seasons
- Steam clean carpets or remove carpets altogether
- Avoid air drying laundry outside
- Keep pets out of the bedroom to reduce pet dander in your bedding
- Vacuum with a HEPA filter to reduce dust in your home
- Wash your bed linens and pillowcases in hot water and detergent frequently to reduce allergens
- Use dust mite proof covers for pillows, comforters, duvets, mattresses and box springs
- Men should shave frequently to prevent pollen from gathering in their facial hair
Medications for Seasonal Allergies
- Nasal corticosteroids (nasal spray)
- Leukotriene receptor antagonists
- Cromolyn sodium
Consider Allergy Shots
We hope you’ve found this information helpful. Get in touch with us at Melbourne Allergy & Asthma to learn more about seasonal allergies and how to most effectively manage them! We’re looking forward to your visit.
 Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America: https://www.aafa.org/
 Allergy Capitals Report: https://www.aafa.org/allergy-capitals/
See a Nasal Allergy Doctor in Melbourne, FL
Are your nasal allergies causing you discomfort? See an Allergist in Melbourne, FL. Dr. Beerelli is passionate about treating each of her patients with empathy, attentiveness and respect.
Schedule Your Visit
We are currently accepting new patients! We look forward to your visit!
Call us anytime, M-T, 8:30am-5:00pm F, 8:30am-12:00pm
Use Our Chat Window
We typically respond within 3 to 5 minutes
Email us or use this
You can also use this contact form for general inquiries.